Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Second Quilt - "Oh, Deer" fabric by MoMo (Moda)

Ok, now we are caught up to today.  I have been happy with my first quilt, but it's really busy and didn't have the modern aesthetic that I really wanted.  So I spent the last month scouring the web for better fabrics.  I found a site with Japanese import fabric (including Echino) that I'm getting quite obsessed with, but it was on the expensive side.  I, instead, opted for "Oh, Deer" by MoMo for Moda.


I love the colors and patterns and the quirkiness of it!  I realized I needed to be careful, though, because it is super-busy.  So I also got some plain white, brown and green.  I opted for the 5" charm packs, because, well, I'm lazy.

Here's the end result, I'm super happy about this one!


And here's the back.  I didn't have enough fabric left to go all the way across like I did with my last quilt, but I wanted to have something on the back other than just a seam.  I'm "meh" about the back, but love the front.


I also made this one a little bigger for better couch snuggling.




Oh, and I'm eyeballing this for my next one.  I have a lot of green and purple in my living and dining room, so I'm thinking this would look nice.  Also, I'm semi-obsessed with bird prints lately.



Better pictures (update: 5/2/13)


No comments:

Post a Comment