Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Stocking Debacle

The "kit" Christmas stocking I purchased wound up being a debacle and a half. I started working on it and within 3 hours I was maybe 5% done. Clearly, this was not the project for me, given my impatience with detail oriented work. It required sewing quite a few small pieces together and many many beads and sequence on the small pieces. I probably should have realized that simply from the picture of the stocking...


Seriously, who looks at this and thinks, "Oh, that's an easy project for an afternoon?"

So, I've given up on that project. I'm instead going to quilt her a stocking, which is something I actually can fit into an afternoon.  I bought a charm pack of Kate Spain's "Joy" and some green fabric for the lining. 


I have a rough quilt together for the front of the stocking (not cut into stocking shape yet), but I seem to have misplaced the plain green fabric I bought for the back and lining. I remember folding it up and putting it somewhere, like on a shelf or something, and thinking, "that's a good place, I won't lose it then."  Clearly that was a brilliant thought. It's been missing for three weeks. I will update again if I ever find this fabric to complete the stocking!  In the meantime, for Christmas, I stuffed the vintage stocking I made earlier in December for Sylvie (my baby girl).  She didn't have an opinion about the stocking, but thought the Fisher Price "Cell phone" that came out of it was really cool.
Way cooler than a quilted stocking.


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Amy!

    Hope all's well for you, Sylvie, and your family in 2013.

    Ever find the missing fabric?

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Happy New Year to you, as well.

      No, the fabric is still missing. I'm sure it will turn up when I'm no longer looking for it!

      Delete